Coping AND Connected
Don’t parent anxiety alone.
Monica Campbell, LMFT, and Kelly Edmundson, LMFT, LCADC, presenters
Saturday, April 24th, 3:00-5:00 PM
THIS LIVE ZOOM WORKSHOP IS FOR ANYONE PARENTING AN ANXIOUS TEEN. YOU WILL LEARN AND STRENGTHEN SKILLS TO MAINTAIN A CLOSE PARENT/CHILD RELATIONSHIP AND HEALTHY FAMILY FUNCTIONING.
WHAT YOU WILL TAKE AWAY:
- What anxiety looks like in teens
- The difference between anxious behavior and a clinical disorder and how to respond
- 5 actions parents can take to empower their teen to manage the impact of anxiety on school performance and success
- Why empathy matters more than If/Then statements
- Ways to help your teen build resilience
- How to talk about, model, and encourage frustration tolerance to reduce anxious thoughts
- Why family life is so supportive in managing teen anxiety
- How Covid 19 has increased anxiety and how to respond
- Special considerations for LGBTQ+ teens presenting with anxiety