Parenting with Encouragement
You care. You’re concerned. This is a great first step.
Monica Campbell, LMFT
Friday, June 25th, 11:30-1:00 PM
THIS LIVE ZOOM WORKSHOP IS FOR ANYONE PARENTING A TEEN WHO IS ANXIOUS, ISOLATING, OR AVOIDING SCHOOL OR FAMILY LIFE. YOU WILL LEARN AND STRENGTHEN SKILLS TO MAINTAIN A CLOSE PARENT/CHILD RELATIONSHIP AND HEALTHY FAMILY FUNCTIONING.
WHAT YOU WILL TAKE AWAY:
- How to support healthy independence in teens
- The difference between behavior and a clinical disorder and how to respond
- 5 actions parents can take to de-escalate emotions in the moment to improve communication
- Why empathy matters more than If/Then statements
- Discuss your teen’s high-risk behaviors and learn what to say and how to say it
- Why your teen needs their family life more than ever
- Q&A with Monica